Hey Bludwyng, I'm Tagaziel from Curse. I've noticed your activity in the RC and I have to say, it's damn impressive. Is there any way I could help you out to make editing easier? Tagaziel (talk) 08:39, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
- I appreciate the shoutout but I am pretty comfortable with the process, as you might have guessed. :) About the only thing I can complain about is the moment or two delay when you open an Edit before the window settles. That bump-bump-bump as the screen moves down is annoying, but I am a lot faster than your average editor so it becomes really noticeable. There is, actually, one thing I would like to do. I would like to add some auto-linking to the "This page does not exist" output but I could not find the setting in the admin / Special pages. It may be that is above my permissions level. Bludwyng (talk) 14:34, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
- Well, the editor is a beast that takes some time to get used to with the bump, I did lose some contribs a number of times.
- Regarding "this page does not exist": You can find a list of all system messages at Special:Allmessages (don't tell it to load more than 2k messages, though, the server throws a fit when you do that). The text for a redlink is here:
- Or was it something else you were referring to? Tagaziel (talk) 14:51, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
Np i fixed, better i dont complicate xD now i will put only Category:Spells xD
I think this is what you're referring to:
From what I understand (dammit, I'm a writer, not a software engineer, Jim!), this is a pretty robust piece of code. I've used greatly simplified variants on other wikis and it does help. Tagaziel (talk) 19:47, 15 October 2015 (UTC)
- Serves me right for not paying attention and doing it late at night. I think what you're referring to is basically concatenation, like in spreadsheets? I've forwarded the question to The Man and The Man said that we surely do wiki code expansions - we just need to have an idea of what you need. I'll see what I can arrange about that. Tagaziel (talk) 10:16, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, Special was not really what I am talking about. That was just a fancy way of evaluating a #switch decision tree and outputting an Attribute. #commalist is considerably more powerful. Look at the examples in the docs I linked to you. Do me a favor and make sure The Man gets that link and takes a look at it. In other news, the link you gave me showed me a MediaWiki extension I was not aware of, #vardefine and #var, that hit me like a thunderbolt. This allows the template creator to perform Data Normalization. Mind. Blown. I am definitely gonna start using that! --Bludwyng (talk) 14:48, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
Hah, you got me there!
- I'll look into it. Hey, in the meantime, would you like an invite to the Gamepedia Slack? I'm pretty sure it will allow for any technical issues to be resolved much more quickly than by a simple back and forth! :) Tagaziel (talk) 14:52, 8 February 2016 (UTC)
Hi! I’m Héctor, one of the Fandom Community Managers. I’m here to talk with you about the upcoming changes we will experiment on the wikis when the new UCX will be released. As a result, we’ll have to adapt the current content - mainly the design and implemented code - to ensure they’re compatible and operational.
Specifically talking, the UCX will mainly affect the Frontpage, the design (logo, background, favicon, themes), the CSS/JS used and some templates that should adapt their look to it. While the wiki will still be migrated some weeks later, I’m here to work alongside you to anticipate all the work regarding review, improvements and adaptation to the new skin.
If you agree, I’ll start soon, reviewing the mentioned elements and describing to you what work should be done. For the case of the design, I can work with the future version, that will be working once the wiki will be migrated. Regarding the frontpage, templates and the code, I can work and implement the changes now, to have them properly working both in the present and the future, but having all the changes done in advance.
Let me know if you have any comments about it and we can explore together the upcoming changes. Thanks! --CuBaN VeRcEttI (Contact) 18:16, 10 May 2021 (UTC)
Hi! Do you have any comment about this? The new skin is now available to you. Thanks! --CuBaN VeRcEttI (Contact) 16:22, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
Hello again! As we have announced in our new blog, the opt-in exploration is available to you now! You can basically take a look at the main areas of the wiki, but as I explained the main things you should keep into account are the frontpage, the tables and their style, and other templates like infoboxes and navboxes. All of this, always thinking about the option of switching between the light and dark theme and all the content should be readable and adapted to both at the same time. In addition, all the wikis have to create a combination of colors for the light and dark theme, using the ThemeDesigner tool, and also re-upload the logo and favicon, and optionally the background (but it will work differently as header background, so it’s up to you what we’ll do with it on your wiki).
I already adapted the content and code to be compatible with FandomDesktop (the new skin), and also created the 2 themes and re-uploaded the assets. You can perfectly make any change to the ThemeDesigner and/or the Mediawiki pages, but I really encourage you to talk with me first. I’ve been adapting it, and I put some concrete stuff (colors in the ThemeDesigner, code in the MW pages and in one page but not another) for concrete reasons (basically to have all compatible with both themes), so to be more practical I think it’s better if we discuss about any proposal/issue/preference you could find/want before make changes.
Use some days to explore the new skin and how your wiki looks, especially if it's properly shown with both themes. If you think it's 100% ready, feel free to go to the Admin Dashboard and click on the Mark as Ready button. It implies your confirmation the wiki is ready and can be migrated when its turn will come. Thanks for everything! CuBaN VeRcEttI (Contact) 12:43, 15 June 2021 (UTC)