|The above navigation bar is not part of this template's output. It is for your assistance, only.|
This is a sub-template called by other templates to return a color. This way we control our colors in one place, only! PLEASE! Do not change the colors in this template unless you really know what you are doing, as this template defines colors used in nearly every single template on this wiki!
Honestly, I should never have done it this way. I should have created classes for all these colored text needs. That way I could have made it CSS-sensitive. This is real rough because Hydra uses a light-yellow parchment background, while HydraDark uses a dark-brown parchment.
Example of use from Template:BWQuest to colorize the quest name according to the value of quest_type):
- Value can be Quest, Item, Zone, POI, Mob, or Pool. Default is NULL.
- changes depending on value of template. See table, below.
- Quest: quest_type of Normal, Daily, Public, Regional or Epic. Default is normal (yellow)
- Item: quality of common, normal, good, rare, epic, legendary.. Default is common (white). see Template:Itemlink#Item Link Colors for table of all colors and names
- Mob: mobtype of Monster, NPC, Passive, Ambience, Group or Special. Default is Monster (Aggressive red)
- All POIs are linked in a dark green
- All Zones are linked in a dark green
- Pool: Valid values are HP, Mana, Rage, Energy and Focus. Default is HP.
- NULL: Simple colors. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND USING THIS as it kinda defeats the purpose of this template, yes? A better choice is to use a color that is already defined on one of the template groups.
- Defined colors for NULL template are: Pink, LightBlue, Blue. Default is Gold.
- (switch) Alternate background? If NOT blank, this link is for a light background so certain links need to be darker to be easily visible. Looking at the alt column of the table below, you can really see why this is needed. One place that the alt switch should always be used is in all linker calls inside the cardtext field of the Mob template.
Note: The linker templates all wrap the link as bold which makes them more visible, but we are displaying them here without that.
|This template was created, or is maintained, by Bludwyng (contribs).
Bludwyng's: Pages • Templates • Wants/Haves • Sandbox