Some of the features of Runes of Magic are:
- Free2play: No monthly fees, free to download.
- Extensive dual class system with eight primary classes and a selectable secondary class.
- Over 1000 quests and comprehensive quest series with continuous storyline.
- Freely accessible game world in atmospheric 3D.
- Armor sets with special bonuses.
- Various unique mounts.
- Housing from the beginning: personalization of houses through individual furnishing.
- Guild houses in special zones.
- In-game map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily.
- Auction house: auction off and purchase in-Game items.
- Controlling with mouse (point & click) and/or keyboard (WASD or arrow keys) is possible.
Runes of Magic is developed by Runewaker Entertainment based in Taichung, Taiwan.
Runewaker gave the name Radiant Arcana to this game they made. (that is why when you take a screenshot in game the file starts with RAScrnShot)
the game is named differently depending on the country publishing it.
Currently the game has been duly authorized by up to 16 global languages, the main authority areas:
China, USA, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Brazil, Turkey, Vietnam, Russia, Singapore, France, Indonesia, Spain, the Philippines, the Arab.
In 2011, Gameforge took over the Frogster Interactive brand and their management team has now been authorized by the exclusive distribution of all other European countries and language versions of "Runes of Magic", as well as the exclusive distribution in the United States, Canada, and in Korea.
Runes of Magic is published in many countries around the world.
- published in China by Moli Group Limited and named 魔法之门 (Magic Gate).
- published in Taiwan by Gamania Digital Emtertainment Co., Ltd. and named 神諭之戰 (Oracle War)
- published in South Korea by Frogster Asia Co., Ltd. a subsidiary of Frogster Interactive Pictures AG and named 룬즈 오브 매직 (Runes of Magic). start of open beta was 30 October 2009.
- published in Singapore by Run Up Game Distribution & Development Pte. Ltd. and named Runes of Magic. start of open beta was on 29 July 2009 with the server Ispania(PVE).
- published in Turkey by GamersFirst, K2 Network, Inc. and named Runes of Magic. start of open beta was on 24 September 2009.
- published in Europe by Frogster Online Gaming GmbH a subsidiary of Frogster Interactive Pictures AG and named Runes of Magic. open beta started on 15 December 2008.
- published in North America by Frogster America Inc. a subsidiary of Frogster Interactive Pictures AG and named Runes of Magic. open beta started on 15 December 2008.
- published in Japan by Aeria, Inc. and named ミスティックストーン (Mystic Stone). start of open beta was September 9, 2009 with the servers オセル (Oseru) and ティール (Teal), then added another server called ウィン (Win) on 2 November 2009.